Monday, October 19, 2009

Appointment woes

Today I had a check up and all seems well with baby but not mommy :) I'm measuring right on schedule and she has a good heartbeat, but my blood pressure was HIGH! The end of my last pregnancy resulted in an early induction because of blood pressure. Today, I had to go have some blood work done and they want to see me next week again. With 8 weeks to go I'm not sure what my options are just yet if my blood pressure doesn't come down. I've been put on chair-rest (as opposed to bed rest) I am to sit with my feet up for much of the day. Over the next couple days, I'm going to try and get the last 6 weeks of schooling all organized for the kids so there will be little for me to do and there will be no more grocery shopping or outings for me :) Did I mention I'm soooooo thankful hubby is home during the day.....the Lord worked that out well!
I got home from my appointment and our little one had finally gone down for his nap. I went to check on him (before going to put my feet up!) and what a character....always something! He fell asleep coloring in bed...drool on his paper and crayon in hand. What a boy!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Do you have preeclampsia? I am sorry for the high blood pressure and late pregnancy woes! Very thankful your hubby is home to help you!

    rcsnickers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been diagnosed with it yet. I guess we have to wait for the blood work results and next weeks appointment....I sure hope not though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are excited everything is good with your baby girl. We will certainly pray this week that your blood pressure will go down dramatically. I had problems with my blood pressure my first pregnancy. Take things in stride and actually it will help if you will lie down on your left side as opposed to sitting, when you can. The kidneys will work better that way, thus hopefully decreasing your bp. Love and prayers with Thanksgiving, Clara and Joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my poor girl!!!!!! Well,that's not good news at all.You must try to lower your blood pressure sweetheart.Your Dad and I worry so much about you when your pregnant.I wish I could help you out somehow with more than just my prayers.But.... God is able,and I have to trust Him to take care of you.(and I do)
    Glad to hear all is well with our precious baby girl.So take it easy sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We, too, worry about your pregnancy days but pray the Lord will take care of you as only He can. We are also so thankful for the good news of our dear baby girl. Time is getting closer. As our big girl reminded us today, it's 55 days now. Those are sweet pictures of our boy.

    ReplyDelete