Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Next year's schedule

I've been working on our next years school schedule...wow! I thought it was hard scheduling one child but 2 is a whole other story :) I think I finally have something I am happy with. I may change it the more I think about it but so far I have our daughter doing most of her independant seatwork in the morning while I work with our son and then in the afternoon I concentrate on our daughter.
Our new subjects added this year are
*bible memorization class (with sticker chart),
*character studies (we will cover respectfulness, obedience, truthfulness, cheerfulness, and kindness....see how many we get through!),
*reading/book report for our daughter (so far reading has been aloud to mommy but now I will have her do silent reading and book reports on her own)
*homemaking class for our daughter...looking forward to this! It is a 6 year course filled with some great ideas so for next year I have chosen Needlepoint, Scrapbooking, Letter writing, household cleaning, and sign language.
Now I just need to work on getting charts and booklets all put together and planning the individual subject material. No sweat! *smile*
Now to go relax for a bit....and give my brain a rest.

2 comments:

  1. You better be giving more than your brain a rest!!!!!!!!! Well it looks like you've got things under control for next year,except for a baby put into the mix.Knowing you,you'll have it all under control as well. It will be a busy year for you from the sounds of it,and challenging.
    I hope you have been sitting,resting today sometime!I don't want anything happening to you sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help with sign! Too bad you're so far away!

    ReplyDelete