Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Spelling

Our boy did great with his spelling words today. We are reviewing short vowel words a, e, i, o and tomorrow is u. He is almost to the point where I don't have to constantly remind him to LEAVE A SPACE BETWEEN YOUR WORDS!! *smile* I had to let that out....it must have been my 100th time saying it to him :) I only had to remind him a few times this spelling test. I gave him a lot of new 4 letters words to write and he did wonderful sounding them out. We are down to the last 7 weeks of school. Our daughter has already advanced to grade 3 math. I didn't want to wait until our next school year since she was ready. She is almost through the first half of Horizons 3 Math and doing so well!! The toughest part for her is word problems. It's just something we will have to keep working on until it clicks :) I'm excited about starting written book reports with her next school year. I have a few good books in mind for her Christmas presents :)
Here is our boys spelling work and a picture of him. Notice his special holding place for his eraser....typical boy!!! (I didn't even notice when I was taking the picture)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go sweetheart!!!!!You really did good!! Grandma is proud of her boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!!! It is wonderful to see how well our boy is doing in school!

    ReplyDelete