Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 3

It is day 3 of a swollen ear and face.  I can feel 2 very distinct lymph nodes or glands that are 'full' or swollen running out from the front of my ear (towards my nose) and another one running from the bottom of my ear towards my jaw.  The ear canal is still completely shut and it makes trying to get the drops in very, very difficult!!  I really dislike the whole 'internal' sounds of my voice, brushing teeth, combing hair, etc.  I have also broke down and started taking pain meds.  I really hate taking medication while nursing but I wasn't sleeping at night and the pain was getting so bad.  Still not sure what it is.....I haven't broke out in a rash yet to indicate shingles (but I am taking the antibiotics for it)....I don't have any discharge to indicate infection in the ear (sorry for too much info), so I have no idea what happened.  My lymph node behind the ear is still sore to the touch as well.

What I have realized is that I don't pray nearly enough for those I know going through physical hardships.  Being in this constant pain has brought many people to mind that I have been praying for.  Maybe that's why God has brought this into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment