Monday, November 23, 2009

All praise to our God!

I want to start by saying My God is amazing! Why He loves a wretched sinner like me I will never know. Why He continues to bless someone so undeserving....it is only because of His unconditional love for me. I sit here in awe....it's a wonderful, crazy, exciting feeling.

I want to recap a little....Hubby was laid off back in May. State continuance allows our medical insurance to continue for an extra 6 months. The end of the 6 month extension goes until the end of November. The problem is that baby is due 14 days after insurance ends!! We went down every road we could think of to try and get insurance to cover the delivery and hospital stay. Nothing worked out no matter what we did. We talked to 3 different insurance brokers and there was no option available to cover this delivery. It looked as though, unless the Lord decided to bring this precious one into the world at least 2 weeks early, we were going to have a very big financial burden ahead.
I could tell this burden was really starting to weigh heavily on hubby. We have seen the Lord continually meet our needs, especially since the layoff in May....but how was He going to meet this HUGE need ahead? We didn't know how, but we knew God was in control.
One evening we headed out to get a new infant car seat. The one we had went through 3 babies and was falling apart. We had found the car seat we wanted and was waiting until we had a little extra room in the paycheck to buy it. Hubby headed into the store to purchase it and on his way in he quickly muttered a prayer that "it would really be nice if there was a sale on that car seat Lord" Well, out of all the car seats in the store, our particular one was out of stock. The employee checked the back room and 2 trucks that had just pulled in. None. The employee tried to encourage him to purchase the next more expensive seat but hubby said no...this is the one in our budget. The employee said they would order one for him BUT couldn't get the computer program to work. Finally they offered the car seat on display for 20% off the price. Hubby walks back to the car with our new seat and looks at me (who was waiting in the car) and said "I think the Lord is trying to show me that He IS in control and knows our situation....He will provide"
So now we get to the good part!! Hubby talked to his former employer who laid him off. He has been doing some side work for them for the past couple months. Was there any possibility that they could re-hire him for the month of December??? We waited........
Today the email has come back. Hubby has been rehired, our insurance picks up from where it left off and we will have insurance for the month of December!! Not only that BUT
...because insurance picks up from where it left off - we have already reached our deductible and out-of-pocket expenses - so delivery and hospital stay are completely covered!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am still in awe.
Hubby and I have grown so much since May. We have been learning about complete dependency on our Lord for all our needs. We knew God was going to supply no matter if we got insurance, or if we received a very big bill!! For this to take place, it can only be of the Lord. Our God is so good!!!! ....our God knows, our God loves us, our God will provide and take care of us no matter the situation.

8 comments:

  1. When hubby told us today, we were thrilled beyond measure!!!! Praise God for His great goodness and all His wonderful provision!!! What a blessing to see all He has done!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetheart
    There are two words that tell the love of Christ
    (Only Beleive). He will do the rest
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the call to relay to us the wonderful news!!I knew God would meet your need,but wondered how.This is just amazing,and to see how God worked out every detail.Praise Him for His blessing after blessing.What an awesome God we serve.We rejoice with you both in this provision from our Heavenly Father.
    It was so good talking to you today sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanking God with you!! And thank you for sharing this with us! God is so good!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and praying for you and the baby for the past few months...I just haven't been able to say Hi! I just read your post and I am so grateful for God's providing hand. He always knows just what we need, and when we really need it! Great news!!! I am looking forward to hearing about your baby's safe arrival. You are in my prayers. Big hugs from up north!
    Cheryl and the Charlton Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! What an answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Alissa - what great news - we always know God will provide but sometimes the getting there is what makes us falter. You have been so strong in trusting the Lord and as you said growing in your faith and trust. I also am in awe of what God can do and just hearing what He has done for you at this time is so amazing and also encouraging to me. I love you all so much and will continue to keep you in my prayers - now all we have to do is wait the safe delivery of this beautiful little one God has blessed you with.
    Take care and give everyone a big hug for me.
    A L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome is not enough.... PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I love watching him provide for you guys! He never fails!!!!! Hopefully you will have the baby sooner though. :) Although, I love my Christmas Eve present from God! :)

    rcsnickers

    ReplyDelete