Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sleep

I have slept ALL DAY! I don't know what's up but I guess my body is just slowing down :) I literally got up to eat breakfast and laid back down, up at lunch to help with schoolwork and have a shower then laid back down, up at 5pm to help with supper and still just feel like I have little energy. I hope I can sleep tonight!! All I can say is thank goodness hubby is home during the day.

I've been really enjoying the "Say good bye to whining..." book. It is biblically based and talks alot about teaching honor to your children. It is more than just having them obey but going that extra step to show honor. It is really interesting!! Parents can fall short by teaching kids how to outwardly do as they are told....follow the motions (be obedient, be polite, be respectful)...but we really need to concentrate on their heart attitude which is what they will take with them when they are grown. Showing honor is going above and beyond what has been asked because they WANT to show love, they want to honor you and God. I think as a parent one of my biggest fears is when they reach the age where they start making their own decisions....have I done my best to teach them?....have I done my best as their example? Scary!!! We only get so many years to train them up in the way they should go....Have I been doing my best so far? The years are going by so quickly!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you are saying!The years given a parent to mold and teach a child is gone soooo...quickly.Once those years are gone,you pray you have done all you could to help,pray and direct them to trusting Christ as their Saviour.Then to share and teach them to make Christ the center of,and most important person in their lives.To teach by example.Then pray the other things follow to like living Godly lives,loving,trustworthy,kind,honourable...etc.living as Christ would have us live.Our kids need prayer daily to grow to be the boys and girls,men and women they need to be to bring honour and glory to our Lord and Saviour.
    It is not always easy for parents.But when you see your child walking close to the Lord,living for Him,you are so thankful to God for answered prayer over the years for each childs life.
    Sorry,I didn't mean to preach.I think you and hubby are fine parents,with your childrens best interest at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the weather that has made you extra sleepy. It's doing the same thing to me (only not as extreme). :-) I took a nice long nap yesterday afternoon and so did both of the girls. It was very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete