Monday, March 23, 2009

21 Rules of this House

I have so much I could blog about today since it was our first day of school. The kids were great...very eager and our day went smoothly! Thank you Lord! I wanted to point out this book that we are starting to go through. They have several in their series which I am hoping to get later. It is a coloring book of 21 rules of the house. What great rules to teach our kids.....


The 21 Rules Of This House by Gregg Harris
1. We obey our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We love, honor and pray for one another.
3. We tell the truth.
4. We consider one another's interests ahead of our own.
5. We speak quietly and respectfully with one another.
6. We do not hurt one another with unkind words or deeds.
7. When someone needs correction, we correct him in love.
8. When someone is sorry, we forgive him.
9. When someone is sad, we comfort him.
10. When someone is happy, we rejoice with him.
11. When we have something nice to share, we share it.
12. When we have work to do, we do it without complaining.
13. We take good care of everything that God has given us.
14. We do not create unnecessary work for others.
15. When we open something, we close it.
16. When we take something out, we put it away.
17. When we turn something on, we turn it off.
18. When we make a mess, we clean it up.
19. When we do not know what to do, we ask.
20. When we go out, we act just as if we were in this house.
21. When we disobey or forget any of the 21 Rules of This House,
we accept discipline and instruction.

Today being day 1, we went over our first rule, colored our page, sang the Obedience song and looked up an important verse in the Bible about being obedient! (Eph 6:1) We discussed how being obedient to Mommy and Daddy is showing obedience to God. I'm looking forward to the rest of our rules :)

5 comments:

  1. I like this book.I think it should be in all homes and enforced!Can you please give me more information on it (where you got it and how much?) I'm glad school got off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm curious where you got it too. I'd like to get it for our household.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it in this catalogue I get for homeschool books:
    Love to Learn
    http://www.lovetolearn.net/catalog/product/5752
    $16.99
    I got mine for a couple dollars off Ebay and you could look on Amazon.com
    The copy I got didn't come with the fridge sheet listing all 21 rules for you to post for all to see. The next book I want is Uncommon Courtesy (same author) which talks about manners on the phone, with people, at the table etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how much did you pay for the book? Just kidding! It's a good book. Should have had fun photocopying while I was there and paid you half... :P Andrew told all his friends he had fun in SC and he wrote part of a letter to Kailey today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that book. We just have the list of rules. I have not seen Uncommon Courtesy.. going to check it out now!

    cake finished yet???? :)

    ReplyDelete