Sunday, March 22, 2009

McGuffey Readers

I've been searching on Ebay for these McGuffey readers for quite awhile. I am very interested in the way kids learned language arts many years ago. Seems as though kids today are horrible when it comes to sentence structure and spelling...even their reading level!! I found this bundle of McGuffey readers and also the Speller....I'm so excited!


I need to sit and finish up my schedule tonight as well since we are starting school tomorrow! I am leaning towards a "Friday Fun Day". I have several games to help with learning that I'm excited about.

This one has been ordered.....Equate.
It is set up like a scrabble board
but you do math equations instead.
I really think this is going to help our oldest.






I'm looking forward to this game.
Sequence is all about learning
your states and their capitals.
Players match the state shape
and color on the card to the
same state shape and color
on the board and when you have
5 in a row, that is a sequence!
We are going to start learning
about every state this year (we
will see how many we get through!)
First we will begin with the 13
colonies....

We also have Sudoku for kids
which will help with her thinking
and comprehension skills ....





I know I've said this many times.... but I'm really looking forward to this year :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get the readers! Good! Andrew is looking forward to heading back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great you got the readers and the Speller! I'm excited for your new school year, too. Can I come over for "Fun Fridays"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited that your excited about the new school year.It sounds like a lot of fun and very interesting also.I'm so glad the kids will be learning sentence structure,and your right about kids not knowing how to spell very well.Trust it will be a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now I have more wants to add to my list! Sounds like you will have an awesome year! Did you make a cake for :)

    ReplyDelete