Friday, March 13, 2009

Bridal cake...

The cake is done!!!! and I am thrilled with the results :) It took ALL day to do, from the baking to the icing to the decorating, but it was so worth it. It is the first tiered cake I've done. I also tried the basketweave technique as well which I have discovered I love doing (I feel another cake coming on...) We are going to hubby's cousin's bridal shower tomorrow and meeting her fiance for the first time. It will be nice to get together with the family and celebrate this special upcoming day with them. Here are some pictures of the cake.......


And to top off the evening, as if I wasn't excited enough, my dear friends that are visiting from Canada this week surprised me with this!!!! A wonderful mixer!!!! After they saw me spend 40 mins. making a batch of buttercream icing by hand, I think they felt sorry for me *smile* What special friends they are....Thank you so very much!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the basketweave. Very tiring on the hand, but worth it! Beautiful job!!! Enjoy the new mixer! You will love being able to leave it to go grab an ingredient!!!! Daniel bought me one when my cheap handheld decided it was too old to mix anything anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Alissa this cake looks wonderful!Great job on it.I love the mixed coloured roses along with the single coloured ones.The basketweave turned out really well.Your writing is getting fancier.Well done sweetheart,I love it.
    The mixer will really come in handy.Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cake, I know it is delicious ! I can't wait to get a taste of one. When will you have a brochure printed with all the cakes and the prices?? I think I have some character pans you are welcomed to have, I will get them to you soon. Keep up the beautiful decorating !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job Alissa! So professional looking. I'm looking forward to taste testing it today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Snipes...I'm hoping to get something put together so I can start selling cakes to people :) I would be grateful for any pans you could add to my collection!!!
    Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete