Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Midnight decorating??

This is getting out of control! haha.... My poor waistline can not handle all this cake! I had a burst of creativity tonight (9pm to be exact) so I went to it. Baking, icing, decorating. It is now midnight and I look at what has transpired. I'm very pleased.....this is one I've been wanting to do for awhile. None of these cake designs are from my own imagination. I'm not that creative! Whenever I see a cake I like, I save it to my 'cake folder'. I can't tell you how many I have saved....and I want to do them all!!!! I wish some of you lived closer so I could spread the joy :) My daughter says before bed "what is this cake for?"......to which my reply was "just trying something out"....to which hubby replied "if only these were paid orders!!" I think his waistline is spreading too *grin*.
This is a vanilla cake with vanilla filling, buttercream icing with fondant. I am anxious to see what it tastes like tomorrow. To my brother and sister-in-law....I hope you're not busy tomorrow (today) cause I need taste testers again :)


7 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful cake, you are soooooooo talented. Have you seen the small dog cakes in the stores? They are so cute but they look like they would be really easy to do! You may want to check them out. They would be GREAT for a 1st. birthday or an individual cake for a boy or girl. I know BiLo has them. You did a GREAT job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I think I know what which one you are talking about. They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job Alissa! The cake looks beautiful. That's probably a good time to do cakes because the kids are in bed. We're always willing to taste test. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Building Committee Meeting tonight. Have Ben bring it with him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep...thought of that...he'll stick it in the fridge so don't forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Alissa,I love the colour.What a fantastic looking cake.Maybe it's a good idea we don't live close by.:-)It looks like lace on the sides,very pretty.Did you use the pearl candies around the bottom and sides?I just love it!There's no stopping you when you get an idea in you mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome as always!!! Love the midnight decorating except for the waking to the dirty dishes!!! :) I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete