Friday, March 6, 2009

It's a shame...

This may be old news to some but it is something I just found out right now....shocking, disappointing, emotionally disturbing! I was going through a songbook at the piano singing for hubby and we came across a few Ray Boltz songs. Although he is not someone that I knew much about, his songs were nice to sing and had good messages...very emotional songs! We started looking up some of his songs on the internet and came across several comments that he has offended many Christians. We discovered that in September of 2008, after 30 years of marriage, he has come 'out of the closet' and announced he is gay (he is now divorced and living a gay lifestyle).
How disturbing...and disappointing, when you have someone in the public eye who is a professing believer fall into such sin.
He was interviewed for a gay magazine and had this to say ...

“I’d denied it ever since I was a kid. I became a Christian, I thought that was the way to deal with this and I prayed hard and tried for 30-some years and then at the end, I was just going, ‘I’m still gay. I know I am.’..“This is what it really comes down to,” he says. “If this is the way God made me, then this is the way I’m going to live. It’s not like God made me this way and he’ll send me to hell if I am who he created me to be … I really feel closer to God because I no longer hate myself.”

It's a shame.....

No comments:

Post a Comment