Monday, April 6, 2009

Be still

I sit here and listen...the window is open. The wind is whipping hard outside but the birds are sweetly chirping. I hear children playing in the livingroom, quietly and together....bringing a smile to my face. I think about our day, how smoothly school went, the naps we were able to take this afternoon, how refreshed I feel at this moment. I am happy :) I think about my husband coming home soon, how we will all share supper together at the table and talk about our day. I look forward to evening! I sit here with sweet thoughts mingled with anxieties....but remind myself that my God is in control! I'm humming a song that will be sung this Sunday for our Easter service. I think about friends and family, how God has blessed. I pray while typing of those things that God brings to my mind about others. I am peaceful, I am loved, I am safe. I hear a sweet voice calling....'ma-ma'....I am needed :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put!!!!You are blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this a lot. It's the simple things that matter and they are so big to God. Contentment, how nice.

    ReplyDelete