Friday, April 10, 2009

Rain...hail...lightning...

Today was not a good blogging day. It has been miserable for most of the day. It hailed for just a moment which the kids got a kick out of...but the thunder and lightning was not accepted very well. We had some nervous kids :) There was one boom so loud, I even jumped!! Not sure where the lightning hit but it was close! The power flickered several times, turning the computer off, so here we are at 10:30pm and there seems to finally be a calm outside. There were 2 tornado watches in the area tonight which frightened our daughter. I have noticed over the past year or so she has become scared of things. Is it because she is becoming more aware of her surroundings?....I don't know. But it was a great opportunity to talk to her about God being in control. We needn't fear anything when we know our creator is in control. Not just concerning weather, but daily life....(I am speaking to myself).
I've been in quite a battle ground lately with myself. Struggles that I KNOW I shouldn't be dealing with because my God is in control, yet my flesh decides otherwise. Anticipating the storm instead of allowing God to work, trying desperately to have control instead of allowing God to take the reigns. I do this so often, KNOWING it is wrong, and constantly praying for God's peace..... BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD! I repeat these words over in my mind....and hum a tune "Peace, peace, wonderful peace....."

2 comments:

  1. GOD IS IN CONTROL and Yes, he takes care of us 24/7. Our finite minds can hardly imagine that- but We, as Christians, can always turn to HIM. HE is our Rock, fortress, Salvation, hiding place, refuge, comforter, confidante,etc. HOW AWESOME IS THE GOD WE SERVE !!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!! Love and Prayers. "BE STILL and KNOW THAT I AM GOD....!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have battles in our lives sometime or another.Yes,take it to the Lord.Bathe it in prayer.Then leave it with Him,knowing how important you are to Him.God loves you so much and is concerned about every need you have.Yes He is in control, so leave it with Him.:-)

    ReplyDelete