Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today we were able to get school done early and we took an afternoon nap....love those days!! I was never a morning person. I could sleep in till noon if I was able to. But with children and now schooling, I have had to become a morning person :) So those afternoon naps are REALLY nice!! We have enjoyed our first month of schooling. I think we have gotten into a good routine for the most part, trading off seatwork so I can work with the others etc. It has been working so far so we'll continue with it for now!
I was able to get another picture today of a different woodpecker. Our usual visitor is a small, round, plump, feathery guy but this one is a slender, sleek, bigger one.
It was funny the other night when we had the thunderstorm with the hail. Our kids got upset thinking about the poor birds outside in all the bad weather. It was sweet to see their concern.
So that was our day today...now to enjoy our evening!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your day went so well.Sometimes a nap in the afternoon is just what is needed.It is sweet that the kids were concerned about the birds during the storm.I always enjoy hearing all that is going on with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an adorable picture you have of the kids in their Easter outfits! I meant to comment about that earlier.
    That woodpecker is like the one we had last year. They sure are pretty. They are almost too big for the feeder.:)

    ReplyDelete