Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 4 has hit!

Well, the doctor has been right on so far with everything. I mentioned before how he said day 4-8 were going to be the worst. This is when the scabs are healing and falling off. Last night was ROUGH! She had her best day yesterday. Her appetite was fantastic and she even had Tylenol for a bit instead of the narcotic. Throughout the night however, she woke up crying often saying her throat was burning and sore. She would also cough which I'm thinking is the scabs starting to peel off making her throat feel funny. The worst part is when she asks "mommy, help me!" and there is nothing I can do but hug her. It can get so frustrating seeing her in pain but not being able to help. I had her up often through the night for a drink trying to keep her throat moist. Her pain meds have been every 4 hours on the dot and still she cries from pain. I remind her that although it is really rough right now, it means she is healing and almost done!!! (little comfort at this point I think) Please continue to pray for her.... I'm not looking forward to the next several days :) What a praise when this is all over!!!

P.S. Did you notice we are out of the 120's for our baby countdown! It also looks like the little floating baby has gotten bigger too :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I feel for both of you!!!!!!! It is agonizing when they call out to you for help and you can't do anything to offer any comfort to them.I hope her day will be much better than her night.I sit here praying for you both.He knows your needs and is concerned about every aspect of her recovery.Be assured of our prayers over the next few days.
    PS. Have you given any thought to our little guys birthday theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He absolutely loves zebras so I'm thinking about a zebra theme but I will let you know a definite as it gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Great Grandma and I feel for Kailey and her throat. Great Grandma says you need to have a countdown like baby for days 4 through 8 -- maybe that will hasten the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to see our girl this evening! We pray you have a better night tonight! It seemed like she was doing better but days can be much different from nights. Yes, the baby countdown is getting lower and when it gets under 100, it really seems to pass more quickly.

    ReplyDelete