Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 9!!!

I think we are turning a corner here!!! Yesterday instead of her usual 6 doses of medicine, she only had 3 and none of it was the narcotic....yay :) We are going to try to see if she can go today without any medicine at all. There is still some complaining and whining but I definitely see some improvement. Her appetite is still not good right now but I think that will improve over time. Throughout the night was really good too. I gave her one dose of Motrin for the whole night and I woke her up twice for some fluids and a popsicle.....still some complaining but nothing like what the past 4 nights have been like. It's exciting to think we are nearing the end!!!!!! Looking in her throat I can see some nice pink patches forming so I think she is healing up well. We will go for her checkup with the doctor in a week and a half.
She sounds so good when she sleeps too. You can definitely tell she is now breathing through her nose and we don't hear a peep from her! The other day she says "Mommy watch this" and took in a big breath through her nose. It was exciting to see that she was excited to be able to breath so well!!
So now is catch up time for some needed rest.....*smile* Hubby was going to go to a Men's Prayer Breakfast this morning at church but I selfishly asked if he would stay home so I could sleep in and he much obliged :) I didn't have to get him up through the night to help with medicine so he was well rested this morning to watch the kids for me.
There is only one small area of concern that I need wisdom concerning her so hopefully the next few days will show itself clear for me.....other than that I think we are almost done and looking forward to her new bike :)

3 comments:

  1. Please tell Kailey that Great Grandma wants her to call and tell her all about her surgery == she also wants to hear that new voice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord!!! We're so glad to know she is improving and that you are finally getting some much needed rest. We'll keep in prayer all the concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the phone call and being able to talk to my two girls on my birthday.We are so thankful to God for bringing her through this ordeal.It is good to know all the soreness and discomfort is pretty much behind her now.We will continue to pray for your concerns and much needed rest for you sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete