Monday, August 31, 2009

Haircuts, dresses, baby and appointments!

The boys got their haircut and are both looking a little less scruffy :) I love freshly cut hair on them. They always look a little bit older each time it's done. Our daughter didn't get a new do but she did get a new dress from a lady at church. Over the weekend, this lady made matching sundresses for mommy and daughter but unfortunately mine didn't quite fit or look right on me. Our daughter on the other hand looked cute as can be!!!
Today has also been a very active day for baby! I don't feel her very often ( I think because of the position of the placenta this time around) but today she seems to be poking out my right side and even gave daddy a few big kicks today for the first time.
We've also been doing really well with school. I think if we can maintain this schedule we will be done in 3 months. I'm leaning towards a 3 month break and starting back up in March with only Math review during our time off. We pretty much teach year round so I think this will be a good down time for all of us. I have most of my curriculum for our grade 3 year already so there won't be a rush come March.
Our daughter also will be going for her post-op check up on Wednesday. She's looking forward to seeing her doctor again. I'm just thankful she's back to her normal self again (with the exception of some appetite changes). I don't know if it is because now she can taste her food well or what, but we've seen some foods make the 'bad' list that she used to love! Hopefully with time her appetite will return to normal. Maybe she got too used to all that ice cream and sugar during her recovery!!! I hope not!!
Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy......




3 comments:

  1. Oh,cute,cute,cute kids!!( as your Aunt Ann said)Our little guy has got a crew cut.Real short.Our big guy has changed so much in his looks.( I know I say that all the time)It wasn't too long ago that our girl got her hair cut anyway.Just before her surgery.Glad to hear baby is kicking and doing her thing. Seems everything is going smoothly now,so take a deep breath and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their haircuts! Great job Alissa! It certainly does make them look older. I like the dress too! It's very cute on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with their haircuts! I agree that it definitely makes them look older. Our girl looks so cute in her new dress!

    ReplyDelete