Monday, August 10, 2009

Strawberry milkshake....doctor's style

We took our daughter to the hospital today for some tests. She had an abdominal ultrasound which actually took quite awhile. I thought they spent quite a bit of time on her liver area but there was nothing said about it so I'm assuming all is well. We then went for the upper GI test where she had to drink a lovely strawberry 'milkshake' and have x-rays done. She said the doctor's milkshake wasn't as good as the regular ones ....haha. We watched the fluid go all through her and the doctor said he didn't see anything wrong. He also said the ultrasound was more than likely fine since they didn't bring anything to his attention before we came to see him...so it sounds like all is well. We are just waiting for the results of her bloodwork and such from the other day and then heading to surgery this Thursday.
I'm really looking forward to having this surgery done and over. I've been listening to her sleep at night and I can see her developing sleep apnea. She is starting to go for periods of time where she won't breath and then tries to take a deep breath. I just have to pray every night that God protects her while she sleeps..... So although it's going to break my heart to see her have to go through this, I think it's going to make a world of difference for her!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went well today with our girl.It is quite the experience she has had to go through,and also to come!!I know exactly what you are saying about her sleeping.I to,pray at night for the Lord to keep your Dad breathing so I can get my rest.It is scarry sometimes when you can't hear him breathing.We continue to pray for our girl on Thur.,and a full time job for hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thankful everything checked out fine for our girl! She certainly has taken everything so well! What a sweetheart for sure. I will be glad when the surgery is over and she can once again have a peaceful night's sleep and you, too. I think we're all in the same boat with worrying about the sleep apnea with our hubby's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news that everyting is alright thus far for Kailey. God is good and He shows us His grace everyday. Sleep apnea is scary. I have it and so does Joel(27). I use a BiPap machine but Joel has not been able to tolerate one. Please pray for his apnea as I will pray for all the men's apneas. :) Love and prayers, Clara

    ReplyDelete