Saturday, August 1, 2009

I hate snakes

Have I mentioned before how much I hate snakes???? Last year we had a poisonous copperhead behind the house and we saw some type of snake in our front bush. It is common to see black snakes around the yard or on the road (but they are considered 'good' snakes). But when a snake is trying to enter my home.........that's it!!!!! We came home tonight from grocery shopping (thank goodness I remembered to turned the porch light on this time!) and hubby opened the screen door and out fell a snake. Ohhhhh I hate snakes! So now it is in the front yard somewhere, hopefully with the idea of nestling in my house out of his mind now. I don't know what kind it was but hubby doesn't think it was a bad one. I don't care though.....go away!!!!

7 comments:

  1. That must have been quite the surprise.I think we get that you don't like snakes!!!!!!!:)Hopefully it has gone to reside somewhere else.There is always something going on at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alissa
    Snakes are atracted to large Blue Daisies,but you don't have any at your place. Do You?
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm going to keep them on here longer just to spite you right *grin*
    Your ooohh so loving daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the blue daisies!!! (OMNISCABISCUS COCO SPIRIO- A HO.... AMEN!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alissa,I know you have commented on blog Preschoolers and Peace.Do you know what Circle Time is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Circle time is where you bring the whole family together no matter what age group. It is a time for all the kids to be together from baby to oldest, to do an activity, where you teach biblical principals, and they socialize together before heading off into their own graded work and are separate from their siblings. I guess the book is full of great ideas to do during this time and how to use it productively. It is something I want to do because I hate having to put the youngest in a play pen all morning so I can concentrate on schoolwork with the older kids. I want to get him involved too and it teaches him at an early age how to concentrate on a certain task and sit still and be quiet for a period of time (which will come in handy for training during church service!!) Does that make sense??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you,that is a great help.

    ReplyDelete