Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 7

Oh dear....sometimes it feels like it's never going to end :) I think I'm getting a tad cranky from lack of sleep for a week now! The days are getting rougher for her again. Nights are horrible!! At night we keep the windows open and the air conditioning off so hopefully the humidity will help her. I do fear however that if there are any neighbors lurking about late at night, they will wonder what in the world is going on in our house with loud screams that can be heard during fluid and medicine time!!! Her appetite has not been good at all today and it is constant complaining and crying about her throat despite being on her meds every 4 hours! I just keep telling myself we are over half way (I hope!!) Here is a picture of her with her teddy bear 'Andrew' she got at the hospital. I wish she could keep that smile all day long :)

With the little sleep I did get last night, I had a short dream of baby. It was a rather strange dream though...I was back working at Kellogg's (I worked there while attending university) and during my breaks I would go nurse her.... I can have some weird dreams at times :) But just the thought of holding our little one was exciting to think about. I do have a check up next week so hopefully my blood pressure won't be too high!!
Now time to feed the kiddos......

5 comments:

  1. I do feel so bad for you all!!!!!!!! She looks tired in the picture.I can only imagine what you look like!I was really praying things were better during the days now.I hope you are able to get rest during the day.Does she lay down during the day?She must be tired enough to nap.So for day 7, she still is having a tough time.So praying day 9,we will see a change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Thank you so much for the lovely birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew says, "Thanks for calling it Andrew." He got a very big smile on his face seeing the photo! "I hope you have a good time today! Love, Andrew."

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH sorry to hear her recovery is quite painful! I pray a good night sleep tonight! :)

    rcsnickers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet picture of our girl but you can tell she's not feeling well. We just wish we could make it all better because it's so hard to see our little ones in such distress for that matter our big ones, too!!! Please know that we're praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete