Friday, August 7, 2009

The first 90 days

We have officially reached our half way mark for school this year. Our first 90 days are complete and both kids have done so well. It's been getting harder to teach both throughout the whole day, so I've cut back on our 4 year old's schooling....which I hate to do because everyday he is constantly asking "is it my turn for school???" I can tell my energy level is just not what it used to be as I enter my 6th month of pregnancy now. I feel in a way I'm cheating our son's chances to further himself but I guess I'm not super-mom :) Right now I'm mostly concentrating on his printing, spelling and reading (short vowel words). I will have a good chance to concentrate on just him when our daughter goes for her surgery. She will get a well-deserved 2 week break.
Another goal is to be finished before baby arrives which is mid-December. With the course we're on now, we won't be done till January.....so I think we'll be playing catch-up on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't want to overload them at all....but I know I probably won't be in teaching mode for a good 2 months at least post-baby :)
So we have a full plate ahead of us till the end of the year! Now let's see if we can accomplish it *smile*

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he is going to like having you all to himself while his sister is recouperating.How nice that your half way done the year.I hope that you will feel well enough and pray that God gives you the energy needed to end the school year.Especially when they are so willing and eager to learn.Would love another picture sometime of you. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE !!!!

    ReplyDelete