Thursday, July 23, 2009

The continuing Tiger saga...

So today I drove around the block before heading to teach piano and guess what I saw in the neighbor's driveway.....yep, the truck with the cage!! It was turned sideways so I couldn't tell if the tiger was in there or not. When I got home we tried calling our neighbor who happens to be a sheriff! Couldn't get through....BUT there was a knock at the door....guess who!!! Our sheriff's wife :) (she is the one who has been giving our son the bags of clothing and was there to drop off another bag!!) We talked to her about what we saw and her reply was 'so the tigers back'......BACK!!!! I guess it has been coming during the night for about 2 months now. She called animal control last month on them. Apparently from what we know, he has a permit for the tiger in a neighboring town.....he transports this animal everywhere. Well....I do not want it bunking in our subdivision so tomorrow I will make the call to animal control (they close at 5pm). Needless to say, we won't be going for our walk around the block either!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you call tomorrow!!!!That is just crazy having a wild tiger, or tame in the neighbourhood.I'm surprised the immediate neighbours on either side of him hasn't reported him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their house sits back off the road while the neighbor sits very close to the road. I don't even know if they know what is going on. He comes at night and usually leaves in the morning from what I've been told (although he was there this afternoon when I drove by). You can't see inside the cage from the road....He is parked at the bottom of the hill. I will call tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will pray everything that can be done to make the TIGER take up other residence will be done. It is sad when you buy a house so you can enjoy it and your yard, walking around the block, kids playing outside, etc., and you have to lock yourself in while the TIGER may or may not be out. :( OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life at your place is never dull! It definitely would keep you ill at ease knowing there is an animal like that in the close vicinity. That was good you were able to get that information from the sheriff's wife. We'll pray your phone call to animal control tomorrow will take care of things so you can have peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete