Friday, July 31, 2009

ENT visit

We took our daughter to the Ear, Nose, Throat doctor today and guess what we'll be doing in 2 weeks?? SURGERY! The poor girl has a very small airway. Her adnoids in the nose are very large blocking her nasal passage which is why she has not been breathing through her nose. We were pretty much sure that that is what we would be told, but......her tonsils are also large taking up most of her throat airway too. She has a small opening in the back to breath through. Yikes! She was also tested for allergies and came back allergic to some trees, grass and dust mites.
We will be taking her in for surgery mid August to remove the adnoids and tonsils. Recovery will be hard we are told for about 10 days. BUT she gets unlimited ice cream which she is excited about (she does not get sweet things on a regular basis :) and she gets a nice break from school too!
We were so proud of her today during her appointment. She is such a trooper when it comes to stuff like that (I think she has her mama's pain tolerance!) Her arms were so itchy after the allergy test, and they stuck the tube with the camera down her nose and throat and she didn't even flinch!
So we are thankful we have figured out what is going on and although I'm NOT looking forward to my baby having surgery, I know she is going to feel a world of difference afterward!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you found out you could do surgery before your health plan ends!!! Wow, that's crazy, but she will feel a lot better in the end. Mark says it takes a while to heal from tonsils, but worth it. BTW, I like this blog layout a lot. Simpler plan, but still good colours like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this layout too, Alissa! Very nice. I didn't want to totally copy you, so I tried some other websites, but "the cutest blog on the block" had the best templates. Glad to hear that she did so well for her appointment today. I hate that she has to have surgery, but it sounds like she will be so much better off afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your seashell layout...very cute!! Cutest blog does have soooo many to choose from! This background is less 'busy'. I think I like it better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so sweet of our girl to call us today to tell us about her up coming surgery.It doesn't sound like she had a very pleasant day.Thank God she is having this done now and not down the road sometime when she's older.She is a brave little girl,and will be much better off when it is over.
    I love your layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really neat layout! Our girl seemed so grown-up today as she was leaving for the appointment. It was all I could do not to cry about it. You know me! So thankful her problem was found and that it will be taken care of soon so she will be feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete