Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family

Families come in many different forms. We have our immediate family, spouse and children....we have our extended family - parents, siblings, in laws, grandparents......and if you have the priveldge of being apart of a loving group of fellow believers - you have a church family. Our church family was used to provide us a most special blessing tonight.
We had a fellowship after the evening service tonight, something that is not unusual. It was like all other socials where we eat and have fellowship with one another. But then....everyone started gathering in the auditorium which was a little unusual. Did I miss that there was a meeting or something tonight???? I thought I'd go grab a few more bites to keep our littlest one occupied while 'whatever' was about to happen.....but before I could sit down our pastor called hubby and I up to the front. My eyes just bugged open!! Gulp....what was going on??? Our church family has known about our need and wanted to extended us their love and support. We received several bags of groceries, gift cards to grocery stores and financial gifts. OOOOHHHH I cried :)
Why does my Heavenly Father love me so?? He knows me inside out and yet He still loves me, He still blesses me, and He continues to give me the desires of my heart. I don't deserve it!!! I know I don't deserve it....and He knows I'm going to fail Him again in some shape or form tomorrow and yet He lovingly blesses me so tremendously today despite that fact. I cry just thinking about it.

It's hard to put in words....I don't know what to say except 'Thank you God!' All glory belongs to you!

P.S. As we left tonight, some joked with us and said 'Now you can turn on the air conditioning!!!" The pregnant woman will be happy once more :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad the fellowship turned out really well for you guys. We were planning to be at the fellowship but my leg lymphedema was really bad. We are continuing to pray for you all during these times. May God richly bless you as you continue to serve our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Love and prayers. THE SNIPES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the continued prayers! The Lord has been answering! We would have loved to have seen you tonight :) Praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us how the Lord has used your wonderful church family to bless you both,and provide you with these necessities.Praise God for His goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete