Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Music to my ears

I started teaching our daughter piano last year but it did not go well. She didn't have an interest in it and I was getting very frustrated. I had to get on her daily to sit down and practice. As I said in an earlier post, I am learning that if the kids do not pick up something right away just drop it!!! Come back later!!! I was disappointed to say the least since I want our kids to learn the piano but I knew I shouldn't push it right now. Maybe next year.
So....about a month ago or so our daughter sat down at the piano all on her own. She got out some old songs we had worked on last year and started playing. She wanted Mommy to teach her about the next song. I was excited but didn't want to get my hopes up yet. She has sat down everyday and practice without me saying a word. It is the first thing she does when she wakes up in the morning. Ok....so I'm getting excited now!! She wanted to get a book with hymns in it so she could play offeratory like her friend at church (who is one of my students). We went and bought her a book and she has sat down and learned every song on her own! It gives me such joy to see her sit and play and have the desire to learn! She continues to tell me that what she really wants to learn is the violin but I want piano as the foundation before tackling any other instrument.
Here is a sample of 2 songs she is working on right now for offeratory.

Whisper a Prayer in the morning

Praise Him, Praise Him all ye little children

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is absolutely wonderful!!! There is an audience here watching and she keeps wanting me to play it again.:) Please tell our little lady what a wonderful job she is doing! We look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart,Grandma is very very impressed by your piano playing!!!You have amazed me in what you can do without supervision.Keep up the great work.I am looking forward one day to hearing your offeratory.Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job she did! That's wonderful. I look forward to hearing her offeratory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kailey, You did a GREAT job!! How did you learn those songs so well in just a few days? God gave you musical talent on the piano just like your mommy!! You must know your notes really well, I didn't even see you look at the piano while playing the notes. :) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! That was AWESOME !!! :)

    ReplyDelete