Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do you know your neighbors??

A very freakish thing happened as we came home from church tonight. It was around 9:30pm (we made a small detour). I pulled up behind a pickup truck at the light. As my eyes adjusted in the darkness I realized they had a live tiger in a cage! Ok, so that freaked me out a bit. Who drives a tiger around....there is no zoo close by....no vet's equipped for a tiger in this area!!! We all thought it was pretty neat to see something like that! BUT.........it turned down our road.......it turned into our subdivision......it turned into one of the neighbors driveway!!!!!! This was not amusing anymore. Isn't it against the law to keep those kind of animals in your home??? Have I been taking walks around the block with wild animals living in this neighbors house????? I think I got a little toooooo excitable in the car because now the kids don't want to go to bed for fear that the tiger will come get them. Aaarrrggg...so now to calm those fears and try and get these sleepy eyed children to bed, while I keep one eye and ear open tonight :)

4 comments:

  1. What is going on down there?Have you thought of reporting this?Do you know these neighbours?It's very scarry thinking a tiger is that close to you,even caged up.Things can happen!!!!!I would call the police.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to agree with Mom on that one, the police should have been called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to call and see if they have some kind of permit or something but hubby doesn't want to....what to do, what to do....He says he sees that same truck in the driveway all the time so I don't know what is going on??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did email the county and sent in a citizen request to find out information....I guess we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete